Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 24, 2003

BRIEF UPDATES

ITEM ONE
Still haven't gotten around to seeing Bulletproof Monk. Procrastination, I guess.

ITEM TWO
Last weekend was the Easter season, and it always makes me think of ex-girlfriends. There is in fact no direct connection between Easter and any ex. But the Easter holiday includes Good Friday, and there's a song called Good Friday by the Black Crowes that makes me think of one ex from long ago. This year, it brings to mind a more recent ex. Some sample lyrics...
You, you come and go when you please
I know unfulfilled needs
I know you do too
But I, you know I never see things through
Never paid attention to you
But honey I tried
I will not forgive you
Nor will I accept the blame
I will see you on Good Friday
On Good Friday


ITEM TWO-A
Actually, the song Not Enough Love in the World by Don Henley makes me think about my most recent failed romance.
I was either standing in your shadow
Or blocking your light
Though I kept on trying
I could not make it right
For you girl
There's just not enough love in the world


ITEM TWO-B
Hmm... maybe I still have some issues I need to work through with that one.

ITEM THREE
I decided to go out and get a part time job, just something mindless and silly for like 15 hours a week. I just want a bit of extra cash for once.

ITEM FOUR
Preparing for the Easter season at church was a bear. My lip wasn't this worn when we played our Christmas musical. We had a song that was, in trumpet-speak, a "chop-buster." I kept missing them all over the place, which was frustrating because all the notes in question were in my range. But, I had to jump octaves. While I can play licks in the upper register, I was never good at jumping octaves. I actually through a little temper tantrum during a rehearsal. I made myself apologize to the rest of the band. I thought I'd gotten rid of my old "perfectionist/trumpet-ego" ways, but I guess they can and will rear their ugly heads when I'm stressed enough.

0 comments: