Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 23, 2003

FREE TOYS

Courtesy of the same person who introduced me to Lime (the music notation program from the Cerl Sound Group).

Since I got Lime, I managed to hack out transcriptions of jazz solos, and lead sheets. I even picked out a random Chicago song to transcribe a horn soli. It actually came out pretty well, too. But since I didn't have a MIDI input device, I had to hack it out with my computer's keyboard -- not that I was complaining. It was exactly what I was wanting, short of having a MIDI keyboard. Heck, I don't even know how to play piano, anyway.

Well, my friend gave me his old Casio CT-670 keyboard and a stand. How old is it? The demo track is The Way That You Love Me by Paula Abdul, if that's any indication. It's even operating out of the old MIDI standard, but hey... as an input device, it'll suit my needs just fine. I just need to find cables.

Looks like I just might eventually get to live out a few of my old "pipe dreams" after all.

0 comments: