Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 18, 2003

REVENGE OF THE 70s? OR IS IT THE 90s?

don't it make you angry the way war is dragging on?
well, I hope the president knows what he's into, I don't know.

Chicago, Dialogue, Part I
words/music by Robert Lamm


My take on current world developments is quite different than what it would've been back in the 90s during our first go-round in Iraq. No rants about right or wrong, how to weigh freedom of dissent vs. support for our troops, or whether or not we've got questionable motives.

I was just struck by the poigniancy of watching high school students debate to struggle to understand the burning, if unspoken issue: "If I'm going to be called to serve, I want to understand why."

0 comments: