Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Today's New Word

PRESAGE
v. 1. To indicate or warn of in advance; portend. 2. To have a presentiment of. 3. To foretell or predict.

From The American Heritage Dictionary, 2nd College Edition

Not the Kreskin

can you honestly evaluate the story from within
without part of you blocking the way

The Sons of Champlin, Freedom

Something I've finally come to terms with is that I have the INFP personality temperament. (You can do a web search on Myers-Briggs personality types yourself -- I'm feeling too lazy to link at this precise moment.) Translated, that's a personality type that is (I)ntroverted, i(N)tuitive, (F)eeling and (P)erceiving.

I'll explain with a snippet of a brief summary of a Readers Digest version of a explanation. My locus of control and source of renewal is basically internal. My primary way of obtaining/filtering information and interacting with the world are through my perceptions, intuition and feelings. It's said that people like us have some kind of "sixth sense." Basically, it's because we perceive the subtle, the less obvious and can put it in the context of the big picture.

My personal problem is that up until very recently, I've never been able to distinguish between the strengths and weaknesses of my personality. If INFP types are guilty of anything, it's missing the trees for the forest. That can be dangerous for people who use their feelings as their primary guide through life. Emotions and "the big picture" can sometimes lead us to false conclusion. Emotions sometime run so strong that sometimes we inadvertently believe our own press about having a "sixth sense," when we sometimes discount what we sense around us using our first five senses.

What does all this mean? No idea, specifically, other than to say that this is one area where I need to mindfully strive for more balance.

0 comments: