Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 07, 2004

This probably won't surprise people, least of all E. In fact, it made her feel slightly nauseous. But my first ever DVD purchase was an episode of PBS's Soundstage featuring, you guessed it, Chicago! They had it at the Wally World, of all places. Now, I don't feel so bad about my laptop finally dying -- yes, it's truly dead, Jim -- and losing all the mp3s from their Live By Request show. That's available on DVD as well, and it's on my Amazon list -- hint, hint!

Anyway, I wasn't impressed on my first viewing of it. But I suspected it was due to the fact that I was listening on a mono TV and that being recorded in Dolby 5.1 made it worse. There were points when things like background vocals would drown out the lead guitar, for example. So, I took it to a school computer, which are now all equipped with DVD players and stereo sound. It looked and sounded much, much better. And, this morning, I experimented with using the option of playing it back with Dolby 2.0 -- it also sounded better.

Now, how to lift the soundtrack -- um, for my own personal use you music industry leeches. I paid for it, and now I want it in the format I want it in!

0 comments: