Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 26, 2003

*New title for a new set of entries. Tag me if you get the reference.

I initially thought this should concern my official new hobby - "contemporary literature." Instead, I'm just going to dwell, ponder and/or comment on whatever I may read.

In this first entry, I'll just say that I've been through an awful lot of books. I suppose it started this time last year, actually. In no particular order, except for the first one which I know I read at the first of the year:

If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor by Bruce Cambpell
Characters and Viewpoint by Orson Scott Card
Work It! by Allison Hemming
Every Man, God's Man by Arterburn and Luck
Bobos in Paradise by David Brooks
Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice
(This was a re-read)
The Fran Lebowitz Reader by Fran Lebowitz
(I try to re-read this one at least once a year)
The Thomas Factor by Gary Habermas
Your God is Too Safe by Mark Buchanan
Spiritual Advice for Buddhists and Christians by the Dalai Lama (I seem to remember this as the title -- the book was loaned to me)
Depth Takes a Holiday by Sandra Tsing Loh
The Best American Nonrequired Reading 2002 edited by Dave Eggers
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
(I actually only started this a few days ago.)

I know I've missed some. One comes to mind right now. I don't record it because I can't remember the author's name at the moment. Plus, it doesn't even touch the magazine and internet articles I've read. And, I'd hardly call 2003 an extraordinary year in reading for me -- just the first year I've noticed just how many things I've fed my head with.

0 comments: