Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 21, 2003

Ed. note: Since my internet access has been somewhat limited this week, the following entries were made over the past couple of days with trusty ol' Windows Notepad for copying/pasting at first opportunity.

INSIDE JOKE OF THE DAY

Nothing says "Mark Twain" like a bunch of gliders.
  -Me
Spoken from "Mark Twain Country."

PSYCHEDELIC (ROAD) TRIP

I got to spend the day in Ithaca, in that area known as The Commons. It sort of has that downtown Yellow Springs vibe, though the difference really is as striking as one would expect between New York and Ohio. I only know that had I gone to college at Cornell or Ithaca, I'd probably still be there today (9 years later).

After tooling through The Commons, I was shown the most breathtaking scenery I had ever seen. Rolling hills and waterfalls -- now I understand what these nature-type people have been talking about.

As for later in the evening -- well, it finally happened. Our first bonafide, 100%, knock-down, drag out -- ok ok, it was FAR from knock-down and drag out. In fact, the whole incident lasted for the duration of a 10 minute car ride. To me, it's a good sign that

Others have told me in the past that they simply "don't know what to do" when I get angry. Now by any standard, my anger management skills have only gotten better over time. But because of that, I couldn't understand how people could continue saying, "I don't know what to do when you get that way." I figured, "Well, I know how do deal with you when you're angry -- it's not all that hard." At least, I couldn't until it was finally explained to me.

It makes total sense, thanks to 20/20. While I can control my behavior to an extent, I've always known I can continue to radiate anger. And, I don't suppose one ever had to be as sensitive as E. to see that.

So, all in all, a great day.

OTHER INSIDE JOKE OF THE DAY

Oh, my God -- I thought you were my dad!
  -Me

0 comments: