Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 19, 2003

HEY, WHAT DID WE LEARN THIS WEEK?

I've learned the joys of internet banking now that neither of the financial institutions I deal with charge for such services. I can now theoretically slack on balancing my checkbook and recording ATM/check-card receipts for weeks at a time, now!

I've learned that for the first time in my life, I'm actually enjoying a road trip. Once upon a time, long car rides with anyone (hell, solo even) would make me want to just plug my earphones in so deeply that they'd be scraping my brain, curl up into a ball and retreat to my "happy place" for the duration of the trip. But with the right company, time passes quickly and quite enjoyably! Though, I still get quite exhausted.

I've learned that there's more to "the country" than close proximity to beasts of burden or people determined to freeze their corner of the world in time. You know, before those fancy talking pictures became the bane of the movie industry. It might be age (or even *gasp* maturity!), but I've finally learned what it is to stand on a high point overlooking rolling hills, bright blue sky, trees -- and just be in awe. I have to say, though, that I'm feeling that the town of Elmira, NY already has a place in the back of my mind somewhere. I just can't remember what it's in reference to.

And I've learned that I'm still in that state where the perfect partner only seems to get more perfect.

All this, and it's only Tuesday.

0 comments: