Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 11, 2006

1
I've given up (for now) on Collected Stories by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez. His style is just too far over my head. I'm reluctant to even go near Isabel Allende's The House of the Spirits.

2
I love prophets, so I recommend Channel Zero by Brian Wood. This is a fictional ad from the fictional world in the story where Church and State run the media.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

EDIT: This was first released in 1997 by Image (Then subsequently in September of 2000 by AiT/PlanetLar).

3
Yes, it took me a week to recover from the par-tay, partly because of what I'll call "The Blue-State Blues," in this case, the amount of static and hassle to get your car registered and inspected in the state of New York. Okay, I admit, it wasn't really "static and hassle" except in comparison with what you have to go through in Ohio, which is (outside of three counties) nothing. So long as the lights work and you don't have your car looking like something out of Mad Max, you're not going to have any problems.

Ah, the Libertarian diatribes that will spill out of someone who's under the weather to begin with, and had a bout of insomnia the night before. It's horrible, I tell you.

4
Here's something interesting that I didn't notice until recently. The next time you watch an episode of Law & Order, any of them, pay close attention to the opening credits after the title sequence runs. Count how many people are credited as a "producer" of one sort or another.

5
Everything is a weapon.

Everything.

6
There is no...number 6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ - it WAS static and hassle - to the tune of $180 for registration, license, and inspection. But in the end, at least we know our car and every other car on the road here isn't a death trap spewing gallons of toxic substances (such as many vehicles I was unlucky enough to come across in Ohio).

Anonymous said...

sorry, that was supposed to be MS. Bizarro