Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Other People's Words - A blog's supposed to be a place where you put your own stuff, right? So, why have I shamelessly ripped off portions of other people's songs - 4 to date?

First off, you could call it the vicarious living-out of my pipe dream of ever being able to express my feelings and thoughts half as well as any of these people in lyrical form. Secondly, why reinvent the wheel when someone else says what I'm feeling and thinking even better than I do?

The excerpt that follows is from a song that has become my personal theme over the past couple of years.

many reasons that hold you back
that tell you no
make you fall short of what you want to say
too many voices in my head
where's the boy who used to take chances
used to say when I grow up to be a man someday
true to my heart in every way
seems so simple why's it so hard
I'll never know


- Robert Lamm, The Love You Call Your Own

0 comments: