Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 25, 2003

"That It Wasn't Really Wasted Time" - Let's examine another aspect of the question of "Why start a blog?" This aspect has to do with time and is usually phrased, "Don't you have anything better to do?"

Yes, I can and have done other more important things between entries. I'm the first to admit I'm hardly writing the Great American Novel, here. But, before you judge my use of time, maybe you should see how other people expend their time and energy. There are those who sit down down and fire off letters in protest of an entertaining, slightly informative, but mostly harmless National Public Radio show, Car Talk.

I'm not denying anyone's right to say what they want to say about whatever it is they believe in. I'm just saying it would probably take more effort to hate the show, let alone rant about it, than the stars of the show put into making it. Then again, I guess the people at Car Talk do take the time to actually post their hate mail online.

So, why exactly shouldn't I do this blog thing? It's my time, after all.

0 comments: