Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 23, 2003

MR. ANDERSON...

Hey, as eye candy, I thought Matrix Reloaded was as good as the first, not better. Why? Well, remember the broomstick scenes in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone? They had a few shots of an obviously computer-generated Harry flopping around in the sky. That's exactly Neo and others looked in some of those fight scenes. It occurred to me why Neo's outfit had no real detail. I don't believe it was for that "Superman's cape" effect or an homage to Wong Fei-Hung's Once Upon a Time in China costumes. Being a black mass of cloth with a head on it just makes the FX people's jobs easier.

Fight choreography: Kick @$$, but from Yuen Wo Ping, anything less would've caused me to demand my money back. The close quarter fight sequences (in a car and later in a hallway) were especially good! Neo even got in some Filipino double-stick fighting moves.

Best of all, for me anyway, this story actually had a PLOT TWIST! That's right, something that actually gives me another reason to see Matrix Revolutions beyond the fighting.

Speaking of which, in my opinion, I probably could've lived without sitting through 10-12 minutes of credits just to see the 30 second trailer for the new film.

0 comments: