Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 19, 2003

SHATTERED INNOCENCE

I remember when Huey Lewis & The News was one of the biggest bands on the planet. I remember not being able to walk into a record store without seeing that poster of Huey in the red suit/black t-shirt outfit looking over his sunglasses. I have all of their albums, even their latest one.

Today, I listened to the album Fore!. I've listened to that album a million times since it first came out in 1986. In 17 years, I never thought twice about a line from this one song, and never realized what it meant until earlier today.
I'm tired of these girlie magazines
I want to get back to the real thing.
Late last night I read the letter you sent
Woke up this morning under a tent
Uh huh, we've got a whole lotta lovin' to do

Whole Lotta Lovin'
words/music by Johnny Colla & Huey Lewis

Woke up this morning where?? And to think, I used to sing this out loud during recess in 7th grade.

0 comments: