Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

ALL KIDS OUT OF THE POOL

Even if you don't like any of the cartoons currently showing on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, I sort of dig their new look. They used to have these parodies of those Worst Case Scenario books between their shows. I thought that was cool. Now, they just have these white letters on a black screen set to ambient/techno stuff. Saves a ton on editing and effects, I'm sure.

At first, I thought it was kind of arrogant. I thought to myself, "I bet some geek college kid thought this thing up, thinking "Oooh, let's go all minimal and put in a bunch of smarmy, smart alec quotes and stuff to show off how hip we are." It's the kind of thing my friends and I would've thought up back then. But, some of the stuff they write is funny. Example...


2 trains leave from Atlanta.
Who rides trains?
Are there still word problems like that?

[Forgive the poor HTML facsimile I've created here.]
Just random little bits of silliness and sarcasm. And, I'm all about sarcasm, as you know.

0 comments: