Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 11, 2003

A BIT OF RESOLUTION

I didn't really notice until recently the slow increase of Don Henley music I've been listening to lately. I always dug his music, I have a few CDs, and The Heart of the Matter is on my .mp3 mix of my favorite songs of all time. But, I'm finding a lot of songs resonate. Didn't I put a few lyrics on here a few entries back?

Here's something that hit me regarding the recent issues I've been slowly trying to resolve. I just heard it earlier tonight.
Have you noticed that an angry man
Can only get so far
Until he reconciles the way he thinks things ought to be
With the way things are

Here in this fragmented world, I still believe
In learning how to give love, and how to receive it
And I would not be among those who abuse this privilege
Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge

My Thanksgiving
Don Henley/Stan Lynch/Jai Winding


That last line is my favorite.

0 comments: