Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 08, 2003

FURTHER DOWN THE SLIPPERY SLOPE

Or, Music: Lots of stuff by lots of people

I always wondered why that seems to be such a standard on blogs. There were many random things on my CD player today. Trouble is, music tends to ellicit all kinds of reactions in me. I can rarely listen to anything just to tap my foot to it. I either criticize the technical or overpersonalize the lyrics. Cases in point, these represent facets of my... issues.
Knowing that you would have wanted it this way
I do believe I'm feelin' stronger every day

Feelin' Stronger Every Day
words/music by Peter Cetera & James Pankow
perf. by Chicago

That's me, most days. Other days...
Every time I see her face
On the street in the hollow on the hill
Another time and another place
I feel her in my heart still
Every time I see her face
On the street in the hollow in the bend
I see her in my mind and then
I go down the road not taken...again

The Road Not Taken
Bruce Hornsby


I'm learning to opt for the middle ground, assuming whatever attitude is necessary to get me over it:
yeah you, you tell me that you love me but boo
if this is love
it's a good thing you don't hate me

boo
Macy Gray


Her new album comes out next week, by the way.

0 comments: