Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 09, 2003

CINEMATIC AGENDA

X2: X-Men United
Ok, it's gotten pretty low to average reviews. Of course it won't stop the comic book ner... I mean, "afficianados" like me from seeing it. Sequels are generally bad enough to begin with; it's almost expected in comic-book movies. It's sort of sad, actually. Everyone automatically says, "God, I hope it doesn't turn into another Batman." (That's an entirely separate blog entry right there.) But, I'll give it a chance.

What I'm really worried about is the Spider Man sequel. Doc Ock and the Lizard? Sounds like having The Riddler and Two-Face. God, I hope it doesn't turn...

The Matrix: Reloaded
I must've been the only one in existence who didn't go ga-ga over The Matrix when it first came out. I don't think I saw it until a few months after it came out on video. When I finally got to see it, I sort of liked it, but still failed to see why people went nuts over it. Props to the effects people, and all that, but still.

I remember the suspense (not) as I asked myself, "Gee, could Neo be the One?" Apparently the Brothers Wachowski didn't want to take the risk that you couldn't see that one coming a mile away. They had to advertise it. I haven't seen ugly, blatant foreshadowing like that since Heathers. Still, the main reason I saw it and the main reason I'll see "M2" is Yuen Wo-Ping's fight choreography. And, even then, most of the moves in the original Matrix I automatically recognized from the Once Upon a Time in China series.

I know it seems I'm really down on the film, but I'm really not. It's probably jealousy that my 5'6" @$$ will never look good in those long black trenches.

0 comments: