Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

ITEM ONE
So, tomorrow I'm definitely checking out the Mixed Martial Arts club. I need to start training again in something, so it might as well be in stuff I'm interested in.

ITEM TWO
I've been working on my grad school application materials. For OU, part of that is an autobiographical essay. That doesn't bother me in and of itself. What concerns me is how best to construct the thing. "Just be yourself," one might say, to which I might respond, "Oh, grow up." ;)

On the other hand, I feel like I have to be careful. I have a history of basically flatulating on any piece of paper and have it be considered "above-average" work (read: usually "A" papers). When considering these things, I caught myself thinking that the folks here at OU were "country bumpkins," who could be taken far easier than the folks at the bigger institutions where I attended school.

Now, I admit, that thinking is just plain wrong. It's also made me somewhat paranoid, too, of the folks here being too saavy.

Eh, maybe I should just be myself.

0 comments: