Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 20, 2003

ANOTHER PLEASANT VALLEY SUNDAY

I had a bit of time after church and was sitting here rummaging through email.

This month's issue of the WORK IT! Newsletter (it's a job search book written by Allison Hemming, an alum of my alma mater, the University of Dayton) had this piece of advice as to how to get yourself out of a job-hunting rut. I highlighted a key section.

2. Give yourself a break (literally!).

It doesn't matter if it's one day or one week, but you need
to close the chapter of your job hunt that's not working so
you can start another chapter that will. Go to a museum,
pick up a mystery novel, watch all the Tarantino flicks so
you can get ready to deconstruct his new movie, Kill Bill.

I personally can't wait to watch David Carradine in action again!

No, I'm serious!

0 comments: