Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 24, 2003

REVENGE OF MY INNER NERD

I was at Barnes and Noble today buying a "Welcome Home" gift for a friend. I resolved NOT to indulge on this book I've had my eye on for awhile, Mike Nelson's Mind Over Matters. I succeeded!

Instead, I bought Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There by David Brooks. It seems that I keep seeing this referenced just about everywhere as of late. It's an interesting and humorous treatise on "bourgeois bohemians," a class of people the author defines as:
...those who have wed the bourgeois world of capitalist enterprise to the hippie values of the bohemian counterculture
I'd write more about it (and plan to, eventually), but I think I'm going to finish reading it tonight, first. I'm about half-way through it already, proving once again how fast I can read stuff I care about.

0 comments: