Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

LIVIN' LA VIDA INTERESANTE

I know it's been a dry spell for blog entries. Working, turning 30, and closely following Wimbledon for the first time in about five years were some of the things keeping me occupied over the past week or so. I've also spent a fair amount of time connecting on multiple levels with someone who's quite possibly my mirror image, while at the same time working out various life issues.

Unfortunately, this leaves little time for dwelling on life observations and jotting down sarcastic comments. There just hasn't been room in my head. Perhaps my idiocy threshhold was slightly raised. Or, like a drug addict, it simply takes more and more to motivate me to make cutting remarks.

I'm sure the bug will return soon. But, in the interim, a couple of recent events merit some treatment.

I played with a small group of musicians at my church for the 4th of July. It was a sort of hodge-podge of smooth jazzy (blech), pop and rock instrumental stuff. I was sort of nervous. I did a fair amount of personal preparation, but was unable to attend the single rehearsal that was held. And, I unexpectedly ended up playing on a few songs I hadn't practiced.

All in all, I don't think I did all that badly. Yes, it could've done better. But, it could've been so much worse. I shock myself with that attitude. A friend of mine was slightly shocked when I conveyed this feeling to him. Perhaps maturity is starting to catch up with me.

The other event -- well, I changed my mind about sharing it. Let's just say that it was a situation that had the earmarks of the first five minutes of a soft-core, r-rated adult film and from which I promptly escaped.

0 comments: