Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 21, 2003

EARLY EXAMPLE OF THE CORRUPTING INFLUENCE OF CORPORATE AMERICA?

I was talking with a friend of mine -- no, no one had "hurt her pride." Get it? Tom Petty and the... eh, nevermind. I was talking to her earlier this morning, and we briefly hit upon the subject of Lee Majors, the Six Million Dollar Man. Don't bother wondering how something like that would come up; that's just how we are. Anyway, I had this epiphany:

Remember the Steve Austin doll and how you'd have to roll back the fake skin of his bionic arm to see the two molded pieces of plastic with stickers of "bionic circuitry" on them? It hit me -- was I being serriptitiously trained on condom use? No wonder I and a few others I know - who are now well outside the MTV demographic - don't seem overly troubled by the issue of "condoms in the classroom." We were already trained in one aspect of their use between the ages of 5 and 7!

Alas, while it was an epiphany for me, I discovered later, it wasn't an original observation.

0 comments: