Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

I claimed my first casualty last night. Well, my second if you count the fact that I shredded my own knuckles my second night of pad drills. I'm glad I took the advice to start wearing shoes to club. I stepped on a partner's big toe and bent part of his toenail back while doing pekiti-tirsia knife drills.

Y'know, I hate to say it, but he's -- let's give him a name, howabout SPEAKMAN (as in "Jeff") -- one of those guys who 1) is still too caught up in their original martial arts style and 2) always hogs me. Eh, maybe he'll think twice this Thursday. The problem was I was having a hard time coping with a #5 angle attack, and couldn't get it with SPEAKMAN. The funny thing was, after he got hurt and I switched partners, I was lucky enough to find a partner who immediately spotted what I was doing wrong.

I could rant more, but I have to go to work. Maybe more tomorrow.

0 comments: