Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 28, 2003

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE...

It's been a pain downloading all of that Chicago concert, but I've only got one more file left. It's so funny listening to how this band has evolved the way they play some of their songs over the years. The concert is chock-full of all those wierd funny synth effects that EVERYONE thought was so cool back then (Including YOU, if you listened to any music at all in the 80s - admit it!).

There should be a notice attached to this music under the copyright infringement note:
WARNING: This music could cause spontaneous flashbacks of scenes from Miami Vice.

I swear I can see that white Ferrari Testarosa zooming through the streets.

I know what you're asking. "Well, gee, Don, don't you like any music specifically targetted to your demographic? Hey, the Dave Matthews Band has a fiddle and a sax in it -- you like that, don't you? Or are you just too much of a pretentious, hipster, Wynton Marsalis purist jerk to just listen to music and enjoy it like the rest of us?"

The answer is yes, after college I got off my musical high horse and started finding the occassional pop-MTV-VH1-Top 40 song that I find interesting, regardless of musical quality or lack thereof.

Currently, that song is Big Yellow Taxi by the Counting Crows featuring Vanessa Carlton. It's on Winamp at this moment.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go dig up Bitches Brew by Miles Davis.

0 comments: