Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 26, 2004

I've been toying around with a new personal mission statement for 2004 for the past 2 or 3 months now, and it's still not done. Sure, I've got lots of goals and am taking steps to securing them. But, I feel like I'm in a spot that I was in a few years ago -- lots of activity, but little direction.

I did come to one conclusion that's brought me a step closer to constructing one for this year. I overheard a group of young women at a coffee shop discussing their mission statement for some enterprise, some sort of publication if I gathered right. Now, this bit that I heard may or may not have been connected to their proposed mission, but someone read aloud something that contained the phrase "b@$tard love child." Then, it hit me. If it was part of their mission, then I realized that whatever I construct for this year has to not only be on my TERMS but in my LANGUAGE. That is, something reflective of the new ways -- and a few of the old ways -- I've been thinking and speaking as of late.

0 comments: