Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Yes, there have been a lot of these posts lately, haven't there?

I finally got my hands on the Kama Sutra of metroeroticism, The Metrosexual Guide to Style: A Handbook for the Modern Man by Michael Flocker. It's sort of interesting seeing how much of this stuff I've known almost since birth, and how much I am totally clueless about.

I thought it would be fun to see how I stack up to some of the various lists of standards scattered about the book. For instance, on page 86, we have "Ten Wardrobe Must-Haves." The items in bold are the ones I lack.
  • Three black T-shirts, three new white T-shirts
    I got more black tees than you can shake a stick at. I have a fair amount of white tees, fairly new, but if "pocket Ts" don't count, as the book states, I need a couple more white ones.

  • Two different pairs of flattering jeans
    Check.

  • One dark suit
    $400 charcoal gray from Brooks Brothers.

  • One leather or suede short coat (not a bomber jacket)
    I'm a child of the 80s/90s -- I got a bomber jacket, sue me.

  • Two rollneck or crewneck cable-knit sweaters
    Check.

  • Two pairs of dark, straight-leg, nonpleated pants
    All my pants are pleated -- damn, damn damn.

  • Three well-cut, solid-color, button-down shirts (one white)
    I technically have them -- they may need to be cut a little better though, because I got them 5 years and 25 pounds ago.

  • Quality sunglasses
    Both prescription, look good, and cost INXS of $200 USD each.

  • One expensive watch, one sports watch
    Check.

  • Flattering underwear
    Unfortuneately, most of my underwear was from that "one score and 5 pounds ago" era.
Looks like I have a little bit of retooling to do.

0 comments: