Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Yes, five days with nary an entry. So, what have I been doing?

UNO
Well, E and I watched Bulletproof Monk a few days ago. She didn't go off about the grossly inaccurate portrayals of Tibetan monastics as much as I thought she might. Me, I just won't pass up any chance to see Chow Yun-Fat whip around in "two-fisted gun mode" even if for but a second.

OK, Yun-Fat, we know you can act in comedies and dramas. Anyone worth a damn knows you're far more than just some action star. Now, when am I gonna get to see you leap around and kill 20 people in one scene with glocks in both hands again?

DOS
I've seen evidence that my tolerance of idiocy and foolishness at work has greatly diminished. I've found myself showing righteous anger and contempt toward a couple of people who pissed me off last week.

The first is FLASH GORDON. A dim-witted sort. He's the kind of guy who likes to make little racially-slanted jokes -- the sort-of-innocent kind that might tempt you to laugh if the joke was funny. Unfortunately, his jokes never are and people (myself, a minority person, included) are in fact more put off and offended by his sheer stupidity than by any racial comment he makes.

Well, I tolerated all of that, and his slack-jawed troglodye nature that's so far inhibited him from doing his job effectively, until late last week when he proceeded to invade my personal space. I spoke to him in a private place where I fully intended to pummel his remaining IQ out of him, but instead reiterated rather forcefully that I didn't appreciate his antics.

According to the consensus, I should've just beat him with a crowbar.

The second "hall-of-famer" is THE RENNAISANCE MAN. (I don't know if I spelled that right -- I'll edit it later.) This person decides to interrupt my mental work groove by dinging me in the hand with one of those super-balls. Yes, harmless in and of itself. And, from anyone else (except for FLASH GORDON) I might've been able to laugh it off. But this guy wasn't even close to apologetic until I got loud, and finally told him to just "get the hell away from me."

RM here is one of those people who always has some kind of story about something he knows that you don't. Or, something he did that thinks will automatically garner him some respect. Sorry, RM -- get your positive ego strokes somewhere else like from PCP or something. Anyway, why the name? Apparently, he's generated so many stories that some have taken to generating an annotated list of them.

Oh, and the consensus as to how I should've reacted in this case? Same as the first -- a merciless beatdown.

TRES
Note to B -- the nickname's coming, I swear.

Speaking of Club, I can feel that my sorry-@$$ Filipino martial arts skills are already a light-year ahead of where I was. It's so totally worth every overpriced penny I'm paying for it! And, Thursday I get new kali sticks!

QUATRO
Yes, today I'm going to let a day's worth of posts on the mailing list I'm on just sliiiide by. No need for me to comment today. Well, at least until after work 10 hours from now.

0 comments: