Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Well, the Mixed Martial Arts club has started up again, and last Tuesday I got my first lesson in muay Thai basics! I also got some more kali in, and learned the first five angles of the Inosanto system.

Dan Inosanto... the most famous martial artist you've probably never heard of. Everyone's heard of Bruce Lee, but most don't know about Mr. Inosanto, Bruce's #1 student/teacher.

Anyway, I might go in for another round tonight! I gotta get my fighting skills back up. I've been inspired by all the videos E and I have been watching lately, namely:
  • Drunken Master - if my brain could handle another martial arts system, you're damned right I'd learn drunken boxing.
  • The Legend of Drunken Master - Jackie's no Yuen Wo-Ping, but he gets the job done.
  • The first 8 episodes of Dragonball GT
  • 4 random episodes of Dragonball
  • Once Upon a Time in China III
I'm really glad the members of the club maintained their "righteous indignation" about me being "raped" at the door (i.e. paying $7.50, since I'm not yet officially affiliated with the University. I'm still a "townie" as far as they're concerned). But to me, it's worth it, because as I've said before, my fighting skills (such as they are) probably aren't worth a damn in the clinch (i.e. the short "up in my grill" range).

0 comments: