Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 15, 2004

ITEM ONE
BILLY JACK seems to be slowly calming down over the past couple of weeks from his antics. Although, he asked me one of the stupidest questions last time as I was practicing some kung fu stances in front of the mirrors.
BILLY JACK: Hey, did you see The One?
ME: Yeah... I love that flick.
BILLY JACK: So... does that happen a lot with you Asian guys?
ME: Umm... what, being forced to fight yourself from a mirror-universe?
BILLY JACK: Huh huh huh... yeah.
ME: Oh, hell yeah... all the time [this line delivered as if it rhymed with "You clueless hilljack motherf**ker."]
Now, after a bit of redirection we managed to have a nice little discussion about the movie. I've planted a seed in his tiny brain though, which I hope will result in BILLY JACK attending the Club's upcoming pencak silat seminar declaring in a loud voice "I'm no one's bitch... YOU are all mine!" so we could all bear witness to the true meaning of "snap, crackle, pop."

ITEM TWO
SPEAKMAN doesn't seem as excited to hump my leg anymore. Maybe it's because I've deliberately sought out other partners before he can get to me...? Consequently, I haven't managed to step on his toes lately, but I understand last session he got quite the slap on the earhole during a drill.

ITEM THREE
I've reached that point in my training that I haven't reached in quite awhile -- groups of sessions where I'm getting beat like a red-headed step child between BJJ and live self-defense drills.

Now, to be fair to myself some people are just bigger and/or better fighters than me. "That's the way of the world," as Earth, Wind & Fire sang. I couldn't take them down without some ugly techniques and certainly not without any injury to myself in the process.

But there were moments that I panicked... well, no. Panic is the wrong word because it implies a sense of "spazzing out" as it were. I never spazzed, but I couldn't seem to make proper use of the tools I (at least thought I) had. Have I become the type of Filipino martial artist people make fun of -- the kind that can't fight unless they've got a stick or knife in their hand?

0 comments: