Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Yeah, Quentin lied in the initial movie promos last year that said "In 2003, Uma Thurman will Kill Bill." But it's ok. I saw it with E on opening night. There were far less freaks dressed like Reservoir Dogs than I expected. You could, however, tell who each of the film school students and/or Golden Harvest/Shaw Brothers/Kurosawa geeks were by the applause at odd places. I, of course, being the schooled and cultured person that I am, applauded right along with them 9 times out of 10. Well, maybe 7 times out of 10... 5, maybe? E, the MFA that she is, busted a gut a few times herself (of course).

It was a fine, fine movie. Different from Kill Bill, Vol. 1, but fine nonetheless. David Carradine pulled off his first acting role (real acting, that is) rather well, I thought. I wished he would've busted out a few more Kwai Chang Caine moves than he did, but what I saw him do fit the movie better.

0 comments: