Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 30, 2004

Yesterday was a lazy day for me, and for others from what I gathered from talking to a couple of people. I didn't get in for my morning workout. Well, it wasn't necessarily because of laziness, I guess. But going in twice in a day for 1 1/2-2 hours each time isn't necessarily good for me right now. I tried going once a week in the morning -- didn't like it. Next week, it'll be twice but for 1 hour. In and out.

The last few sessions of Club have been light on new technique which is good because now I remember more that I can write down on a weekly basis. Again, the first hour's focus was on BJJ. I free-rolled a few rounds and managed to get some interesting reflections down on paper afterward, especially on some of my opponents. I've gotten to the point where I can more or less hold a position. I just don't yet know how to execute submissions fast enough not to get reversed on. Of course, if I'm just smothered, as happened a few times, I'm just screwed. I was in plenty of positions where I wasn't submitted, per se, but there was no escape that I could think of.

I butter-knife sparred again and wasn't bled this time! Somehow, between myself, BILLY JACK and especially ONE-ARMED BANDIT, we've all gotten braver about going in for traps while we cut. It got me a little more success vs. OAB than I was used to.

Since I'm almost certain BILLY JACK will almost never disappoint me, I'm going to start documenting THE BILLY JACK QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
I consider this practice for my future wife.
[Uttered as I was adjusting his glove while he was sparring one of the female members of club]
Don't worry, he didn't get away with it. Not only did I poke fun at what was surely the Oedipal complex-based cause of his remark, the young lady he was sparring sure gave him hell.

0 comments: