Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Unfortunately, old age set in again and I had to sit out the last part of the first hour of Club. I aggrevated whatever I did to my left arm during the BJJ seminar last week. Funny that it didn't bother me again until last night.

Luckily, I got the use of that arm back during the second hour when we had a free hour. Since DATU_B was out of town, I got charged with keeping an eye on whoever wanted to do Filipino weapons stuff. Of course, that meant dealing with BILLY JACK and SPEAKMAN simultaneously. It really wasn't all that bad last night. I tried to help SPEAKMAN out with his sinawali. It's sort of funny to watch how his kenpo training really messes that up and his sparring. He can't yet get out of using both hands simultaneously. BILLY JACK is actually better with the sinawali, but he's all arms. No body/hip rotation whatsoever. I won't even go into the silly (though not entirely stupid) question he asked.

Some of us dabbled in knife sparring, too. Note to self: maybe try to find other alternatives to butterknives when sparring with anyone other than DATU_B. I got a good slash (non-bloody) in on one partner and a nice (slightly) bloody stab from the ONE ARMED BANDIT. I didn't even know it was bleeding until about 10 minutes later. People joked, "Oh, well I just thought you were standing around bleeding to look tough."

I mentioned my joy at being able to enter the training room earlier that morning to work out some kung fu and my plans to do it again Thursday. Somehow, word got around (in the 2 hours of Club) and now I've got 3 people showing up (read: crashing). Eh, it'll be good having people to work out my stuff with.

I gotta pull a Shelly "The Machine" Levine and go to lunch.

0 comments: