Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I got in another morning kung fu review and got a lot done working by myself. I got through...
  • The last movement of the first series of short forms that I had learned before I moved from my old club. It took some work, but I managed to perform the movement with my right and left sides.
  • The gold sash long form.
  • A few minutes of bagwork, mostly boxing but I got to add a few more bruises to my shins. I'm really close to having my hip actually precede my kick hitting the target a la muay Thai.That being said, though, I decided that if I'm going to spend my solo time doing that, then I need to spend time redeveloping my high kicks. My loss of flexibility is irritating the hell out of me.

    In addition, I'm thinking about working some of the more interesting striking techniques from my kung fu forms out on the heavy bag to supplement my boxing. Just a thought. I'm debating the pros and cons of the freedom of changing the agenda that I walk in with and the discipline of sticking to my list and using all the time I have to work out specific techniques. I irritate myself further when I practice a long form, correct certain things, perform it a few more times, and on the last time, let things go like the salutation. Maybe some things just get lost when you're training by yourself and not in a class.
  • 0 comments: