Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

E had video copies of her film made with the intention of submitting them to a few small international film festivals. Trouble was there was some issue with the power lines on the same street as the post office today, so she couldn't send them off like she planned. Unfortunately, this means missing the deadline for one of the festivals.

It turns out her film expertise will be useful in her plans for her Fullbright position if she in fact gets it. She describes it better than I do, but isn't that damn cool? She learns an art and is using it productively.

I remember that I had an art where I got to do that for awhile, as a musician. Now, I'm continuing my study of martial arts, and while people can and do influence others by teaching, where's the potential for large-scale impact? It's there I suppose, but not in necessarily the same way it exists for music and film.

Well, it's not like I'm going to stop martial arts anyway. I had a good run a couple of years ago brushing up on the playing skills to the neglect of my martial arts training. In yin-and-yang fashion, I suppose there's nothing wrong with letting it go the other way for a season.

0 comments: