Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 23, 2004

Well, before I go on with my Friday, let's ramble a bit...

Once Upon a Time in Brazil Athens
More BJJ work. I don't know if I'm not warming up properly or enough, but the aches and pains that come with this stuff seem to last longer than anything I suffered under TKD, kung fu or even muay Thai.

The upside is that I'm picking out those techniques that work for me. No one thus far has been able to lock a paintbrush on me unless I choose not to work the one defense that I learned. Elbow-to-knee escapes seem to be more effective to get me out of someone's mount -- I just need to learn to then turn that into my advantage.

Lost in Translation
Saw that movie with E last night. I thought it was a fine film... and yet, I was unsure about what exactly makes it fine. With this movie, I seemed more aware about my preconceptions going into it for some reason. Has good film become like "British syndrome" where unusual shots filmed with unusual lighting and camera angles is automatically deemed "good film" by me?

All I know is that it made E pine for the life she had overseas which isn't bad in and of itself. What makes it bad is how it saddens her to compare it to the life she leads in plain old boring sleepy hick/college-town Athens.

0 comments: