Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Both E's and my Wednesday sucked for separate reasons. So, we decided to ease our worries the old fashioned way -- a night of drinking.

We started out at a local watering hole that we hadn't been in for a couple of months. Turns out they've renovated the place, adding lots more room which I'm sure will help out their Latin Dance Nights. This place is famous for their $2 marguaritas which E helped herself to right away. I opted for a $2 beer (they've got daily specials, so I wasn't drinking Schlitz or anything like that) but had a marguarita later. I don't know what they put in them, but the stuff seemed much stronger than we remembered. Our tolerance may have lessened over the past few months, but I've had my share of beer over the previous week.

In my case, I may have been hit harder due to having had very little to eat during the day. So, I eased my hunger at a newly opened hot dog establishment. We got to sit inside at the counter -- apparently, the dining room is closed after a certain time and they serve out of a door-window thingy. Anyway, E and I were engaged in conversation with the lone employee.

This person is a friend of a classmate of E's, a classmate she's been trying to set up with a mutual friend of ours -- let's call him FLAMETHROWER for his skill in doing just that with volatile chemicals and a torch. Anyway, the more we talked to this hot dog employee, the more convinced I became that her/E's friend would be a good match for the FLAMETHROWER.

So, what began as a crappy day finished out with drinking, hot dogs, a new acquaintence, a tentative plan involving three people trying to hook up FLAMETHROWER, as well as a first trip to the local "over 30" bar (Incidentally, I was carded at the over-30 bar and was amused by the apology I received from the bartender.), and well... other things that are probably best left out of this forum.

0 comments: