Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Today, I get this email from the editor of American Nerd:
Hi Don,

awesome on all counts. Hey, I was meaning to ask... how did you find
out about the site? I'm always pretty curious to hear how the word is
getting out.
I distinctly remember saying to myself, "I hope I never get asked how I stumbled upon American Nerd." Of course, I not only get asked, but by the worst possible person. What choice did I have?
Keith,

I was afraid you were going to ask me this question, because the answer is going to sound like major ass-kissing, but I swear it's the truth...

The piece that kept me going back to the McSweeney's website (and buying Created in Darkness by Troubled Americans) was Journal of a New COBRA Recruit -- my fiance and I will still occassionally yell out "COBRA!" Anyway, I Google the authors of the pieces I like to see what else they might have written, and lo and behold, American Nerd was among the results.

Not an ass-kisser (much),
Don
Well, it was the truth.

Incidentally, I came up with this as my little "bio blurb." Hopefully, I'll get to use it more often
Don [avoids writing his last name on his blog] is an Asian-American who loves being asked “Where were you born?” so that he can truthfully reply, “Cleveland,” and watch the ensuing discomfort. His work has appeared in McSweeney’s.
***

It's not too late - Play the Interview Game!

0 comments: