Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'll bring you Day Three in a day or so if I have the time. Meanwhile, you should check this out:
Nick Hornby on His New Novel, 'A Long Way Down'

Fresh Air from WHYY, June 15, 2005 · The latest novel from best-selling English author Nick Hornby, A Long Way Down, focuses on a group of suicidal people who accidentally meet atop a tall building -- and how that meeting changes their fates. He also writes "Stuff I've Been Reading," a column for The Believer magazine. Many of Hornby's novels have been made into films, including About a Boy, High Fidelity and Fever Pitch.
And this, only a couple of weeks after I purchased and made my way through most of Songbook, Hornby's collection of essays about pop music that's affected him. And, while I'm still quite content to live within my own (quite hypocritical) anti-pop snobbery, I can't argue with the following statement:
You're either for music or you're against it, and being for it means embracing anyone who's any good.
Can you?

0 comments: