Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

E and I had a record squabble. Not counting the time we were both asleep, it lasted, oh I'd say about 2 hours. It wasn't pretty but it's all good now (I hope ;).)

Reminds me of something I read awhile ago, a snippet from Larry Crabb's book Men and Women that was included in a compliation of devotional readings:
We will not move very far in our efforts to develop good marriages until we understand that repairing a damaged sense of identity and healing the wound in our hearts is not the first order of business. It is rather dealing with the subtle, pervasive, stubborn commitment to ourselves.

Self-centeredness is the killer. In every bad relationship, it is the deadliest culprit. Poor communication, temper problems, unhealthy responses to dysfunctional family backgrounds, codependent relationships, and personal incompatibility - everything (unless medically caused) flows out of the cesspool of self-centeredness.
Maybe I should remember that next time.

0 comments: