Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Last night, Club held an open gym. Before that, though, I gave E her second kung fu lesson. I thought it went pretty well.

DATU_B showed me some larga work that got all jumbled up in my head by the time I managed to get it all down on paper. Hopefully, I'll get other chances to train that, even if it is his last year in club. Now, I'll be the official sole "old man."

For kicks and giggles we decided to just line up and take thigh kicks. DATU_B sunk one in really nice. I still can't walk straight -- thanks! ;). E was, of course, horrified at the exercise as I described it to her. To be fair, I suppose it could be misinterpreted as some sort of cult initiation ceremony.

The ONE ARMED BANDIT is now, aside from having had the use of both arms for awhile, an officer. He wanted to do some knife work, so we did some passing drills. We did an experiment: instead of going for the kotegesch disarms, we went for some of the disarms we learned in our original systems. The results were pleasantly surprising. Not that we'd ever go for knife disarms in any system anyway. Run, shoot, or throw something, that's what I'd do.

BILLY JACK is apparently serious about wanting to hang out with me over the summer. Gee, fun. Hey, I can accommodate -- I know what it's like to be in a college town in the summer with very few people to hang out with. Now, if only we'd have a place to train. Or gear, for that matter.

I'm told the new officers intend to hold Club hours during the second summer session. Perhaps I'll wait until then to attempt to get my "coach's pass" renewed.

0 comments: