Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Still no word yet, and there probably won't be for another couple of hours. Supposedly, Cornell is making quite the day of it.

The worst part for me isn't whether or not The Wife'll get the job. We've decided that we're moving to Ithaca in any case--it's just a matter of whether the move happens in next two weeks or the next two months. I'm more concerned about the effect to her. She's feeling that not only her life rides on this (whole other can of worms which she can blog about if and when she wants to), but that she's somehow letting me down as well if the gig doesn't pan out. It's been hard convincing her that it's not the case, whatever happens. And, that I'm proud, whatever happens.

I've read the job requirements and I know what The Wife can do. This is a 100% match if I ever saw one, and I'm not just saying that as a husband, but as someone who one time has screened job applicants. I keep telling herself that they must think so to, otherwise, why do all the stuff they're doing?

Still, you see how my fingernails are worn from biting. You can imagine what she must be going through at this very moment.

Suffice it to say that alongside the various prayers/positive energies/warm-fuzzies she's getting, some more can't hurt.

0 comments: