Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 12, 2003

Last night was my first real sparring match since I made my martial arts comeback. It was during an individual make-up rank test for a white belt. He was an older guy, I would say in his 30s. Nice guy, but aggressive. He's built exactly like the kind of guy I'm secretly afraid of -- the kind where the pain has to be in direct proportion to the damage I do to stop him.

Personally, I can't stand the thought of dislocating someone's knee with a low roundhouse kick. But I can. The first time I saw the "proper" way to break someone's neck, I felt nauseous. I remember telling one of my instructors, "I don't think I could ever do that." I was told, "If someone did something heinous enough, you'd be surprised."

In any case, I actually landed a controlled, quick, high roundhouse kick to the guy's head! Donnie Yen, look out!

I got in some impromptu kung fu, too. I'm almost up to remembering my green sash stuff. Black sash, here I come. I don't tell too many people at my club this, but personally, I can take my sweet time getting my black belt in TKD. I can hardly wait to get my kung fu back up to par so that I can get that black sash!! Now, both should take me about a year, but still -- here's hoping I'm never forced to choose, because if I do, I'd rather be Wong Fei Hung than Chuck Norris.

Ed. note: This is my first entry using the "Change Time & Date" feature, formerly available only to paying members. I feel like I'm toying with the Laws of Time muahahaha!
Categories:

0 comments: