Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 25, 2003

I forgot to mention that last Monday, I did attend the taekwondo class still taught by one of my old masters. Due to a wierd set of circumstances, I did see both of my masters for the first time in almost a year. It was great! I've added them to my list of "People I Will Never Lose Touch With Ever Again."

The class was, as Wesley Willis puts it, "a yell-down war hell ride." I had almost forgotten how far they push. Not that my friend who currently runs the main branch of the club does badly -- not at all! But, my old teachers have not lost their touch.

I got a bunch of questions answered about my "memory lapses" and I did get to help teach a bit. The whole class was made up of home-schooled children of various ages, but some were of higher rank than me. Regardless, I was asked to help the 1st and 2nd gups develop their creative self-defense requirements.

Despite the (few) dubious examples I've seen of the products of home-schooling, I have to say that the kids I worked with that day were great! They were polite, grateful, and most importantly, completely willing to absorb everything I had to offer, even the kids that outranked me.

I don't know if I can make it to that class every week. It's one heck of a drive out in the middle nowhere outside of northern Columbus. But, I've been asked to come back whenever I can, and in exchange: kung fu instruction!!
Categories:

0 comments: