Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

ITEM ONE
On my way down to Athens, I heard an old song on the radio that I haven't on the airwaves in years, Couple Days Off by Huey Lewis & the News. I remember going to the concert they had in support of this album. This was the song right before the encore. I remember that every time Huey sang the first three lines of one of the choruses, for instance...
'Cos I am only human. I am no machine
I need a little lovin' darlin, you know what I mean
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not gettin' soft
All I want is a...
...his entire road crew filtered out from back stage and took their places just in time to all shout in unison...
COUPLE DAYS OFF!
Now that's freakin' showmanship, IMO! Just like when Huey would take his harmonica and pitch it back to one of his roadies who'd catch it with a ball mitt. Showmanship, man! No costume changes, no overcomplicated dance numbers with lip-synched music. Just the time, effort and imagination to just entertain a crowd. Talk about a lost art.

ITEM TWO
I'm here blogging again from the campus of OU. It amazes me how they do this. Here I am, Mr. John Doe, a friend of a student, sitting here in the library with my laptop plugged into their network and simply messing around. I could be anybody. I could be formulating and launching the next big internet virus from here (no, don't worry Mr. or Ms. CIA/FBI/ATF/Homeland Security Cyber-Monitor -- I'm not even of middle eastern decent. Why are you spying on me to begin with?), for all anyone knows. But here I sit, totally unchallenged. Amazing.

ITEM THREE
Yes, it's sooo good to be near E. again.

ITEM FOUR
Just for kicks, the "this way to the egress" link above now points to a temporary, experimental homepage. I'm currently debating whether or not to keep my AOHell account/site or not. Hell, geocities offers webspace for just the right price -- absosmurfly nothing!

0 comments: