Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

ITEM ONE
Yes, I know I'm getting on TWO weekends behind blogging on my little Adventure. I'll get to it soon. Now, I told you part of the aftermath of that trip. Let me tell you another.

ITEM TWO
For the past few days, I have been in such pain. That's because before we left the Adventure (remember the gas story?), a few of us were messing around. I tried my hand at some (fake) knife fighting and discovered just how effective filipino knife-fighting techniques can be, even if I was almost totally unpracticed in them. E and I saw a couple of people practicing tai chi push hands, and right then I finally declared, "That's it! I'm going back to tae kwon do."

Now, truthfully, my intention was to put it off for about two or three weeks until after E leaves for grad school (see ITEM THREE), but as fate would have it, an email awaited me when I returned.

This person and I tested for 2nd Gup right before I left. But whereas I stopped, he continued and has since gotten his black belt and control of the school! It turns out the chief instructors wanted to keep their school open, but needed this season in their lives to accomplish other things, so they turned it over to my friend. Anyway, it turns out that my name came up in conversation a couple of weeks ago. Now, believe me, it's not my intention to toot my own horn, but in their words, I was viewed as having decent skills and decent ability to teach them to others. So, they track down my old AOHell website and get ahold of me.

Needless to say I took this as a sign from above and jumped my 30-year-old @$$ right back into class last Thursday, and again on Saturday. It took me a bit to relearn what I forgot. And, boy did I hurt. I'm still feeling the after-effects. I've lost tons of flexibility, too, but I think it's just going to have to be regained the same way I gained it in the first place -- one, painful inch at a time.

ITEM THREE
E moves to Athens at the end of the week. At least it's Athens, OH and not Athens, Greece. That does not, however, make the prospect easier.