Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Ok, Chicago, you've got one more chance. The next album you release better be an album of NEW material, NOT another repackaging of your greatest hits with a couple of new songs thrown in of the sort you've been releasing for what's been damn near a decade now. I've been holding out since Chicago XXVI, now. So, having every numbered album from CTA on, how many versions of You're the Inspiration, 25 or 6 to 4, Beginnings, Hard Habit to Break, & Hard to Say I'm Sorry/Get Away does that make, now? I shudder to count. I even bought your live DVDs.

As of today, I don't feel a damn bit sorry for "finding" a copy of Stone of Sisyphus (although, I'd still pay for it if you released it). I know this -- when I "find" copies of Philip Bailey singing If You Leave Me Now and Bill Champlin singing After the Love Is Gone (a version of which I've already "found"), I'm not going to feel the least bit bad about it.

Disgustingly,
Don

PS I'd take it all back if you released a live concert album consisting mainly of songs from Chicago VII.

0 comments: