Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 04, 2005

Well, I skipped Fight Club again last night, after finally getting the coach's pass and all. Oh, well. Mrs. DATU_B has been out of town, so the man invited me over. After a Tecate or three, we played with kamagong and watched The Punisher, which was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I wished The Russian was played by Dolph, but that's just a fanboy talking. The same fanboy who isn't too keen on watching The Matrix IV Constantine. Oh, I'll give it a chance, but I refuse to see it until a couple of weeks after it premieres. That way, I'll only have to worry about the hard core Hellblazer fans seeing it for the 20th time, because they'll usually keep their yaps quiet enough as they fixate on whether whatever demon is depicted is modeled after First of the Fallen, Second, or Third.

Speaking of kamagong, we put B's remaining, intact stick next to mine and saw that whatever we have (because this is the first time either of us have seen kamagong up close), we've got two different types of wood. The color, texture (although that could just be the finish on mine), weight, and density are different. Oddly enough, we couldn't seem to bust his remaining stick with mine - but that could've been the Tecate. We thought maybe that I could have a different wood like bahi or something. But, I distinctly remember the sales tag on my sticks saying "kamagong," although in the P.I. you can never be too sure. But, either that's the case, or DATU_B just got straight ripped off. That's ok, I promised him sticks from the Old Country the next chance I get. Sheesh, if I'd have known my folks could get their hands on sticks like I got for less than $4.00USD, I'd have asked for 10 pairs.

Somewhere in there, he showed me some training techniques he picked up from a seminar by Inosanto himself (aka "God"). Espada y daga after a couple of beers in the kitchen. That's what's called traditional FMA training. All that's missing are the patayan challenges, but I don't wanna screw with that (at least not 'til I find out how strong these "kamagongs," or whatever the heck I have, are).

0 comments: