Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2005

Here's something from the private journal I keep (the one I don't post online):
I feel a distinct lack of stimulation.
It doesn't feel like depression, or even boredom, necessarily. Today's a day off from the Diamond Mines, and I've made rather insignificant progress on a multitude of tasks I wanted to accomplish today, accomplishing only two or three things of any real significance.

I feel like Peter Gibbons from Office Space after winning a million dollars. Only, I don't have a million dollars. I feel distractable. I've spent the last, I'd say two hours in this coffee shop (in no particular order)...
  • Reading another story in the latest issue of Pindeldyboz.
  • Going through the ringworld, since E and I recently saw Ringu.
  • Having a nap.
  • Mentally going over how I would like my wedding vows (E and I are going to construct ours).
  • Reviewing notes I made from The Filipino Martial Arts that focus on basic movements relating to attack and deflection.
Of these things, I'd say I only accomplished one thing. But, that brings to mind several questions. Was I really planning to have all of Pindeldyboz 4 read? Was I really planning to have my wedding vows drafted by the end of today? Was I going to finish outlining the whole of the Inosanto book? Not really. So, just what is it am I in a tizzy about? Why do I feel so dissatisfied? What would satisfy me?

Perhaps it's more accurate to say that I feel a distinct lack of focus.

0 comments: