Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 18, 2005

Well, I made it through last night's Fight Club without much pain. Vicodin is good.

Last night, I had the double whammy of dealing with both BILLY_JACK and KENPO_BOY. BILLY_JACK was laid back, I have to say. Of course, staying as far away from him as I could helped, too. And, in the brief time I worked with him on a drill, there wasn't time for him to make one of his stupid, adolescent, racist, homophobic, mysogynistic comments. Well, keep in mind that he really is an adolescent still, so I try not to be too hard on him.

KENPO_BOY was back to his old self, trying to hog me as a training partner all to his sorry-@$$ self. One time was all it took before I had to start going, "Sorry... we have to switch partners." I don't think he liked it when I ended up working with DATU_J twice, but hey... she's good and actually improves as she works on a technique. Unlike KENPO_BOY... words just fail me. I truly sympathize for all the Kenpo practicioners out there, because he claims all of you. We were working on an umbrella deflection followed by a disarm. All the time he spent verbally analyzing the technique, and he still couldn't pull it off properly. On top of that, imagine the most ineffective, illogical way to throw an umbrella deflection -- the direct antithesis to how that move is done -- and that's how KENPO_BOY threw it.

I think I've gotten selfish in one particular respect as I've gotten older -- I don't like having my time wasted when I'm trying to learn something. Sometimes, you can learn from others' mistakes, but only if they make the "right ones," so to speak. My vine disarms suck. I might have gleaned something from KENPO_BOY's mistakes if I didn't have to reteach him how to throw an umbrella (and fail).

0 comments: