Turf Marking

All original material, except otherwise explicitly stated, is under this:
Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License
MMIII-MMVII
Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers, Ltd.
*Other People's Blogs

FYI

Things you need to know:
  • Some posts, or the links they contain, are NSFW. This is your only warning.
  • This blog serves the cause of my freedom of speech, not yours. I wield censorship like a 10 year-old boy who just found his father's handgun.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 17, 2005

I'm still not sure if I'm going to go tonight, but since it'll be mostly FMA stick-work done by DATU_B. As long as there's no throwing involved, I should be good to go.

Last session was the first time I saw my good friend (not) KENPO_BOY, the arrogant hyperkinetic who thinks he's Ed Parker's gift to martial arts. To his credit, he's significantly calmer than I remembered. But, still just as arrogant. He showed this in two instances that I observed.

In the first, he asks me, "Hey, does your arm still hurt from that armbar?" You mean, the lucky standing armbar you got on me last year? Does it still hurt almost 365 days later? Sorry, "Royce," but you're not that good. It actually took me a full two seconds to remember what he was talking about.

In the second, he proves that not only is he knowledgeable to correct DATU_B on stick takedowns (like he did 365 or so days ago), but can correctly show the "foot sweep" that the ONE-ARMED BANDIT (now an officer - I gotta give him another nickname, even if I refuse to refer to him as "datu") was demonstrating that he learned in a seminar he recently attended with one of the de Thouars. Only, it wasn't a foot sweep that was being demonstrated. It was a method for destroying someone's base by using your knee to push one of the opponent's legs out off to a side.

I hope he's there tonight and we can do some stick work so that I could do to KENPO_BOY what I did to him 365 or so days ago, namely stick spar and humiliate him by hitting him multiple time at the same angle. Actually, he humilated himself first by his ridiculous fighting stance he takes (I swear I heard the ghost of Ed Parker groan in agony) that enabled me to land so many rib shots.

0 comments: